Wednesday, June 13, 2007

More on Twitter

I just received a notification in my email that someone added me as their friend in Twitter. I checked out their Twitter page to see if they might be a librarian or someone else I'd be interested in following. Nope, just some guy who seems to be collecting friends and followers. I guess he's adding anyone he comes across as a friend, having over 8,000 as of right now. He's got over 1,000 followers (I'm not going to be among them)

His website boasts of the productivity drain that Twitter has caused.

What's the point of collecting friends, especially those that have not even a remote relationship to one? I'm kind of sick of this racking up the friends thing.

I'm still getting invitations to "friend" novelists on the Library2.0 Ning. I ignore those. I haven't found a value for friending on Ning.

No comments: