Monday, October 8, 2007

Twitter saved my dinner party

Ok, it was really lunch, but all the same...

We have some vegetarian friends. When they come over I try to prepare something new and different. We've known them for years so I've gone through quite a number of recipes. I happened to have had some broccoli on hand so as I was searching my recipe database I also posted on Twitter: "looking for ideas of what to serve vegetarian guests, have lots of broccoli and honeydew melon" I heard quickly back from a librarian I'd recently started following. I've never met her yet liked her simple suggestion:

"http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/side/grains/brocforest.htmldelish!"

The link went to the recipe for "The Enchanted Broccoli Forest" by Mollie Katzen.

It was simple to prepare. The only caution I should add is that after 20 minutes of baking the broccoli was still pretty much raw. If I make it again I'll bake it for 30 minutes.

No comments: